5 Fun Things for Friday – Super Bowl Edition!January 27, 2012 No Comments
Getting ready for the Super Bowl next week? For this Friday’s post, here are 5 must-have desserts for your shin-dig. They range from super easy to a little tricky to make, but all are crowd-pleasers.
5. Super Easy Peanut Butter Cup Footballs – Ever notice that Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs (found here) are shaped like footballs? For your dessert table, grab a case of those yummy eggs and use simple white piping frosting to add the laces to the football!
4. Whoa. My heart stopped when I saw these Deep Fried Candy Bars on Huffington Post. The good news is that you don’t need a fancy-schmancy deep frying machine to make these. Just a large pot and the will power to not make these every day. Here is a link to the recipe.
3. This recipe for Brownie Pizza from TasteofHome.com is especially great if your Super Bowl party is going to have kids at it. Doesn’t it look delicious? The recipe can be found here.
2. If you’re planning to get your drink on this Super Bowl, then why not add some beer to your dessert too with The Boozy Bakers’ Beer Profiteroles with Chocolate-Beer Sauce? How can you go wrong with dark beer ice cream and chocolate-beer sauce, am I right?
1. Nothing is easier to sate your sweet tooth while watching the Super Bowl than a football shaped whoopie pie! This recipe from Make Merry Events is super easy. Click here for the step-by-step instructions, as well as step-by-step drool-inducing photos!
- #5 – SweetCityCandy.com
- #4 – HuffingtonPost.com
- #3 – TasteofHome.com
- #2 – SeriousEats.com
- #1 – MakeMerryEvents.com
Tags: Super Bowl Desserts, Super Bowl Ideas, Sweet City CandyEvent Ideas