Product Highlight: Candy Corn!September 7, 2011 1 Comment
It’s that time of year again, people – time for Candy Corn! With the weather getting crisp and Halloween costumes, decorations and candy starting to fill the shelves at the stores, the once-a-year craving comes back for those sweet, sugary candy corn kernels.
At SweetCityCandy.com you can buy candy corn in bulk as well as in packets to give out for Halloween trick-or-treaters!
You may not know it, but there are lots of things you can do with candy corn, including using them in recipes for other things. Here are some of our favorite ideas:
- Add it to trail mix: candy corn is a perfect addition to a mixture of nuts and raisins – the sweet sugary corn plus the salty peanuts makes for a very satisfying snack
- Add it to Rice Krispy Treat Mix: As in, melt them with the marshmellows and mix some whole ones in with the Rice Krispies – your kids will love this yummy Halloween treat!
- Melt them in the microwave or stovetop and dip fruit in it – seriously, try it. You’ll thank me.
- Chop it up with some cinnamon, nutmeg and granola and other toppings and use it as a pie or “crumble” topping
- Candy Corn Infused Martini, anyone? Check it out here: http://lovestoeat.wordpress.com/2009/09/09/candy-corn-martini/
- Candy Corn Fudge, yummmm! http://www.tasteandtellblog.com/2010/10/candy-corn-fudge-part-2-and-a-giveaway/
- And just for fun, the ever-inventive Cake Spy has created Creamed Candy Corn, as in “creamed corn” style – check it out here.
Tags: Candy Corn, Candy Corn Ideas, Candy Corn Packets, Candy Corn Recipes, Halloween Candy, Leftover Candy Corn, Sweet City Candy, Things to do with Candy CornHow-To's, Product Info