XOXO, I “Heart” Hershey’s Kisses!May 18, 2011 No Comments
Hershey’s Kisses have always been the go-to treat for satisfying a chocolate craving. Even for my 2-year-old son (who cutely calls them “Specials” because they are, well, special treats for him) defaults to Hershey Kisses when he wants a piece of chocolate.
I’ve always loved making Peanut Butter Blossoms withHershey Kisses during the holidays and was wondering today what other yummy recipes are out there that showcase kisses? I surfed on over to Hershey’s own website and was delighted to find a ridiculously delicious assortment of new recipes to try. Here are the two that I’m tackling first.
Do these look good or what?!
- Small Pretzels
- Mini Marshmallows
- Hershey’s Kisses
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Place one pretzel for each pretzel s’more desired on prepared sheet. Top each pretzel with 3 marshmallows and another pretzel.
- Bake 4 to 5 minutes or until marshmallows soften and begin to puff. Remove from oven and gently press chocolate on each top pretzel. Allow treats to sit several minutes in order for chocolate pieces to melt enough to adhere to pretzels and to soften slightly. Treats are best if eaten while chocolate piece is still soft.
- 52 to 55 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz.) BETTY CROCKER Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups HERSHEY’S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- 1 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Stir together cookie mix and flour; add butter and egg. Stir until dough forms. Set aside 1/4 cup small chocolate chips. Stir remaining chips into dough. (Dough is stiff; chips may need to be worked in with hands.)
- Mold scant tablespoon dough around each chocolate piece, covering completely. Shape into balls; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until cookie is set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup chips and shortening in heavy-duty resealable plastic food storage bag. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, kneading after each heating, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cut off corner of bag about 1/8 inch from point. Drizzle over cookies. About 52 cookies.
For more yummy recipes with Hershey’s Kisses, go to the Hershey’s website at this link.Tags: Cookie Recipes, Easy Kisses Chocolate Chip Cookies, Hershey's Kisses, Kissed Smores, Recipes with Hershey's Kisses, smores recipes, Sweet City CandyHow-To's, Product Info